The Pacific Coast Masters Curling Association (PCMCA) was formed to foster competitions for daytime curlers aged 60 and above. The association is for curlers living in the Lower Mainland and on Vancouver Island.
Annual competitions are held to determine four PCMCA Zone winners. Zone winners advance to a combined provincial championship with the four Zone winners from the BC Interior Masters Curling Association (BCIMCA).
The primary purpose today is to promote the sport of curling through fun and competetive events both at the Club level and the Provincial level for curlers aged 60 and above.
Although all our leagues are back to curling unfortunately we have lost our bonspiels and playdowns. Since we remain under the rules of Provincial Health Authority, the PCMCA is anxiously awaiting the Jan 18th announcement by the PHO. The challenge for the board and its volunteers will be to establish the last possible dates before the Mar 16-19 Combined would be forced to cancel.
- PCMCA Executive
- Jan 2/22.................................
As per Curl BC and Curl Canada competitions without spectators have approval if they lead to a National Event. This month will be a pivotal point for the PCMCA/BICMCA playdowns, since they have not been approved. The information provided to us is that subject to the PHO, we should receive clearance to proceed between Jan 18th and Jan 31st. In the meantime, although all bonspiels have been put on hold league curling is back. At this time your executive has not made any decisions to cancel the 2022 Combined. Board meetings will be held by both associations later this month.
- Zone 2 - Fraser Valley
- Zone 2 of the PCMCA is also known as the Fraser Valley Masters Curling Association (FVMCA). It is the name it had when it merged into the PCMCA. The Zone 2 leagues play at the curling clubs of Abbotsford, Chilliwack, Cloverdale, Port Moody, Delta, Haney, Langley and White Rock (Peace Arch).
- Zone 3 - Metro Vancouver
- Most Zone 3 Clubs re-opened in September 2021.
- Abbotsford Masters Curling League
- Masters curling in 2021-22 startup date --- Monday, September 27. The very successful Abbotsford Masters Bonspiel completed on Nov 12. The winning team was the Knutson team of the Chilliwack Masters Curling League. The members were Dale Hockley, Russ Knutson, Rick Jones and Vic Miller.
Historically severe rainfall on Nov 12-15 resulted in flooding at the club. Three pumps were damaged beyond repair and the ice was lost. Restoration of the ice is not expected until early December. The Senior Mixed Bonspiel on Dec 3 remains on the clubs schedule.
- Chilliwack Masters Curling League
- The Chilliwack Masters Curling League has two distinct leagues in 2021-22 (Monday and Wednesday). Startup on Monday, Sep 20 and Wednesday, Sep 22. The Chilliwack Masters Bonspiel was held Oct 15-17, The winning team was the Chilliwack Masters Curling League team of Bill Icton, Dale Paul, Ed Korbeld. and Jerry Wernicke.
- Langley Masters Curling League
- First half winners of the Langley Masters was skip Sid Clarke, third Stanley Hortness, seond Ernie Schmidt, lead Bill Perry.
Providing Provincial Health Orders allow Langley will be hosting the inter-club February 2nd 3rd and 4th 2022.
Good curling to all and stay safe.
- Peace Arch Senators
- Peace Arch Senators will commenced their Fall 2021 league Sept 27th. We have two draws on Mondays and Wednesday mornings. Sign up for one day or both. https://sites.google.com/site/pasenatorscurling/
- Marpole Curling Club
- Contact Gary Sutcliffe firstname.lastname@example.org for Masters Curling Fridays 10AM or Laura Rampton email@example.com if interested in Daytime Ladies Tues or Thursday 9:30 AM
- North Shore Masters
- The North Shore Masters league curls at the Royal City Curling Club in New Westminster.
- Richmond Curling Club
- The Richmond Curling Club has entered into a new partnership with the City of Richmond while still providing curling programmes and services at this site. The ice plant is currently being replaced with a planned curling start-up in January 2022. As a result the Richmond Masters Bonspiel normally held in November is cancelled for this year, 2021.
- Tunnel Town
- Tunnel Town Masters curls twice weekly.