The Pacific Coast Masters Curling Association (PCMCA) was formed to foster competitions for daytime curlers aged 60 and above. The association is for curlers living in the Lower Mainland and on Vancouver Island.
Annual competitions are held to determine four PCMCA Zone winners. Zone winners advance to a combined provincial championship with the four Zone winners from the BC Interior Masters Curling Association (BCIMCA).
The primary purpose today is to promote the sport of curling through fun and competetive events both at the Club level and the Provincial level for curlers aged 60 and above.
Needed urgently PCMCA director to fill the position of Treasurer. The pay is poor but the comradery is excellent.
What an incredible job done by Claude Latulippe on hosting the 2023 BC Masters Combined Championship at Chilliwack. First of all, using the Chilliwack Curling Club was an excellent venue and one that was clearly evident to all the members and guests that were here for their first time. The facility is one to be envied. Our sincere appreciation to all of the volunteers, the Chilliwack Curling Club and the City of Chilliwack.
- PCMCA Executive
The season has drawn to a close and our 2023 Combined has completed. See the Combined Website Site for results and comments.
Our last board meeting was held on Jan 10th . A major step has been taken for the PCMCA and the BCIMCA to proceed with a joint committee investigating the possibilities of both a name change and the reorganizing of the two associations.
- Zone 1 - Lower Island
- 60+Playdowns in (double knock out)
17th Draw 1 Men Angrove 6, Beggs 5
McFarlane - Bye
20th Draw 2 Men McFarlane 6, Angrove 0
Women Findlay 8, Foster 5
Derry - Bye
22th Draw 3 Men Beggs 8, Angrove 4
27th Draw 5 Men McFarlane 7 vs Beggs 6
60+ Mens Champions.... Wayne McFarlane, Lawrence Woytowich, Andy Jarzebiak, David Giles
27th Draw 4 Women Derry 4 vs Findlay 10
Mar 1 Draw 5 Women Foster 9 vs Derry 0
Mar 2 Draw 6 Foster 6 vs Findlay 5
Draw 7 Foster 8 vs Findlay 1
60+ Womens Champions; Barbara Foster, Kelly Meikle, Susanne Grundison, Lorrie Bell-Wiles, 5th Joni Leduc
- Zone 2 - Fraser Valley
- Zone 2 of the PCMCA is also known as the Fraser Valley Masters Curling Association (FVMCA). It is the name it had when it merged into the PCMCA.
The Zone 2 leagues play at the curling clubs of Abbotsford, Chilliwack, Cloverdale, Mission, Delta, Haney, Langley and White Rock (Peace Arch).
- Zone 4 - North Island
- Posted Feb 21/22
The 2022 Zone 4 PCMCA Playdowns were cancelled. The teams that were registered were not interested in proceeding once it was decided that the Combined for this season would be cancelled. It is our hope that all will be able to take part next season with renewed vigor. Nanaimo CC has a new PCMCA rep, Muir Meredith, who is assuming web input for Zone 4.
Posted Nov 19/22
The PCMCA Zone 4 Playdowns have been posted under Zone Events. These events have been posted at your local curling club. Please see your PCMCA Representative for further information and applications. Note that the application deadline for all events except Mixed is December 31, 2022. The Mixed deadline is February 21, 2023
- Duncan Curling Club
- The PCMCA members at the Duncan Curling Club curl in the Duncan Seniors Select League.
- Victoria Curling Club
- Congrats to the 2022-23 PCMCA zone 1 championship representatives
Mike Angrove, Steve Mckague, Darwin Tyacke, Quenton Lehmann
Barb Foster, Kelly Meikle. Lorrie Bell-Wiles, Joni Leduc,
Lawrence Woytowich, Bob Skura, Andy Jarzebiak, Grant Gainer, Al Thompson
team 1 Dick Freshwater, Gordon Churches
team 2 Bill Blair, Norm Croteau
- Chilliwack Masters Curling League
- The Chilliwack Masters Curling League consists of two distinct leagues, Monday and Wednesday.
- Langley Masters Curling League
- Langley Masters ended their season with a fun game and banquet on March 14th. Second half winners were the Sid Clarke team with Shig Kawasaki, Joe Karerien, Ryan Usnick and Mike McKay. The first half and second half winners played on the Night of Champions with the Stan Hortness team defeating the Clarke team for the overall championship.
Most curlers indicated they will be returning in the fall. Langley Masters wishes all curlers a wonderful and safe summer.
- Peace Arch Senators
- Senators (55+ men) curl at 9:00 and 11:30 a.m. on Mondays and Wednesdays. Individuals register by position preferred and teams are put together by the drawmaster. Teams change two times each year giving individuals an opportunity to play with different members throughout the year and making this league very social.
- Marpole Curling Club
- Contact Gary Sutcliffe firstname.lastname@example.org for Masters Curling Fridays 10AM or Elaine Wass Elaine_wass@hotmail.com if interested in Daytime Ladies Tues or Thursday 9:30 AM
- North Shore Masters
- The North Shore Masters league curls at the Royal City Curling Club in New Westminster.
- Richmond Curling Club
- The Richmond Curling Club has installed ice and has started league curling. Please see their website for details - richmondcurling.com
The Wednesday Drop-In League started September 28 and the Friday league started on September 30. Both leagues finish in December and start up again in early January.
- Tunnel Town
- Tunnel Town Masters curls twice weekly.
- Comox Valley Curling Club
- Masters 60+ Stick Bonspiel, March 3 & 4 2023. Sponsored by Berwick Comox Valley and PCMCA Zone 4. email@example.com 250-334-4712 or Jack Holden at 250-339-3934. Daytime curling, $100 entry fee.