The Pacific Coast Masters Curling Association (PCMCA) was formed to foster competitions for daytime curlers aged 60 and above. The association is for curlers living in the Lower Mainland and on Vancouver Island.
Annual competitions are held to determine four PCMCA Zone winners. Zone winners advance to a combined provincial championship with the four Zone winners from the BC Interior Masters Curling Association (BCIMCA).
The primary purpose today is to promote the sport of curling through fun and competetive events both at the Club level and the Provincial level for curlers aged 60 and above.
PCMCA/BCIMCA Combined Qualicum/Parksville Mar 13-17.
Due to Covid-19 concerns the host clubs have withdrawn. However the PCMCA executive has decided subject to the Provincial Health Authority and Curl BC guidelines the decision to cancel this year’s provincials will be suspended until Dec 15th. If by that time competitions are approved a new location will be announced.
- Zone 2 - Fraser Valley
- Zone 2 of the PCMCA is also known as the Fraser Valley Masters Curling Association (FVMCA). It is the name it had when it merged into the PCMCA. The Zone 2 leagues play at the curling clubs of Abbotsford, Chilliwack, Cloverdale, Coquitlam (Port Moody), Delta, Haney, Langley and White Rock (Peace Arch).
- Abbotsford Curling Club
- The Abbotsford Masters League has begun its 2020-21. There are a Monday league 8:30 and 11:15 and a Wednesday league at 8:30. There are two seasons, the first ending in December, and the 2nd curling from January to March.
- Chilliwack Curling & Community Centre
- Delayed by the Covid-19 pandemic, the Chilliwack Masters Curling Club (CMCL) did not curl its first games until Wedesday, Oct 14. This 2020-21 year is the first time that the CMCL has operated two separate leagues. The Monday league curls at 11:00 and 1:30 while the Wednesday leagues games are at 8:00 and 1:00. Both leagues have two seasons (1st Half is Oct-Dec, 2nd Half is Jan-Mar).
- Langley Curling Centre
- Langley Masters started curling on September29th with a walk through of the Covid-19 rules. League play started the following week. LMC has 2 draws on Tuesdays and one draw on Thursdays. We have 2 leagues. a Tuesday/Thursday league and a Tuesday only league. For this first half about 70% of the curlers returned. More might return in January.
- Mission Granite Curling Club
- Due to the Covid-19 pandemic the Mission Masters does not yet have access to the Mission Granite Curling Club. Opening might happen in November 2020, but more likely in January 2021.
- Gibsons Curling Club
- Due to the Covid-19 pandemic, the PCMCA curlers of the Gibsons Curling Club will not be curling until at least early 2021.
- Howe Sound Curling Club
- After assessing the risks caused by the Covid-19 pandemic, the Howe Sound Curling Club will not be providing curling in 2020-21.
- Marpole Curling Club
- Due to the Covid-19 pandemic the Marpole Curling Club has postponed curling until at least January 2021.
- North Shore Masters
- For the Fall season of 2020-21 the North Shore Masters league (men) enrolled 35 PCMCA members and 2 other curlers who remain slightly younger than 60 years of age.